- Recycle your goods that we use in daily chores(Recyclable ones).
- Use less plastic/disposable items.
- Switch off the electronic equipments when not in use.
- Plug out the chargers when you are done.
- Use energy saving lamps.
- Avoid paper napkins as far as possible(especially in kitchen)
many more you can do if you look keen in your routine.
Finally for this Earth hour I have decided to switch of all lights, Laptops, Television etc in my house and its just as simple as Indian power cut style. To think in other way enjoy your Earth hour in the light of a candle with loved ones .
To Pledge your support to Earth Hour,please sign up here...http://www.earthhour.org/signup/default:en and join millions of people in more than 1,400 cities and towns in 80 countries throughout the world by turning off your lights for one hour at 8:30pm on Saturday 28 March. So why not you????
Spread this word and contribute your share and save our precious planet. Thanks for letting me know about this event Amu, I am not aware of this until you discussed.