Monday, August 11, 2008

On his Birthday....


This weekend went busy for me. On Saturday I woke up at 6am which was really hard for me(I usually wake up by 8am) curious to know why? I wanted to bake a cake for my DH s Birthday which was on Sunday.Mid night cake cutting is common, but this time I want to arrange it in a different way.As soon as i baked the cake, my kid and hubby woke up and I hid it. After lunch, I forced him to go for shopping alone and I managed to decorate it before he is back.


I gathered all the decoration items aside under our futon.In the night I prepared fruit punch.I fed my son real fast and made him to sleep a bit early by 10:30pm(yes, 10:30 pm is early for my son to go to bed) . My DH also slept with him I cleaned the place and vacated the surroundings as I wanted to have cake table only. I brought the stuff from our store room which I bought for this day nothing but candles and balloons.I made Velvette rug as a curtain for the window and sticked it with a Happy Birthday banner and made a autin shape with flowers. I pumped the balloons.I placed the candles in the room here and there, arranged the cake table with few candles and fruit punch in two glasses on it.


I got refreshed, dressed in the way he loves. Last but not least, I lit all the candles and switched the lights off . By the time I was done, clock struck 12.I wished him and asked him not to open his eyes and took him to the room he was bit confused and said Thank you,Thank you dear and.... and...Shhh..sensor cut. The look was very fantastic with the candles .


He liked the taste of the cake I baked, and just sipped the fruit punch and had few snaps and Rithvik too enjoyed the decoration.The next day on Sunday we went to temple, attended for a Birthday Party and as we are tired, we three slept for about 2 hrs after the party and in the night, we saw Olympics.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am sure he was surprised and delighted with your surprise.... nice decoration...saw it in ur album...

Swathi said...

how cute ramya...ur hubby must be really surprised..good job dear!

Ramya said...

@Usha Thanks
@Swathi Thanks.I too saw your qoutes in one of your posts.Very nice.

Amu... said...

Great Suprise Party Organiser ani Peru techukunavu ana mata...

Good Ramya...I am Happy for you...Cake intaki neeku migilinda ledha...frens and neighbours tinina tarvata...

Ramya said...

@Amu hmmm naako oka peice maa hubby ki oka piece anthy :(