Sunday, August 31, 2008

Bye..... Bye .....California

It was been 2yrs we came to California,USA. Being here is like we are a home away from a home, resembles metropolitan cities in India with lots of friends, lots of Desi restaurants, Temples, gatherings, parties etc... not even missing Indian aroma in our life. For the first very few months we stayed in San Jose where our apartment didn't have much Indian community, even I didn't had the option to browse, felt bored and very lonely that too with the early days of my pregnancy suffering from nausea with no one around me to help. The only entertainment I was left with are the shows in English channels.

slowly, we bought a car, Laptop and planned to shift to new apartment. I met one of my friends Pratima through Orkut and I came to know that they live in the opposite apartment to which we were shifting.I felt so happy as I knew her from my school days. After we came to this Apartment, she invited me to the New year party (2007) organised by our apartment friends. I still thank her for introducing me such good friends in my life. In no time we mingled with all of them. I miss her as they moved to India for good. I want to share about you my dear friends.


Santoshi, she is the first person to talk to me and I used to go to their house when ever I felt bored she cared me a lot that's what a pregnant woman needs...I miss her delicacies now as they moved from this place recently.

Jyotsna, fun loving girl keeps on talking and cracking jokes capable of changing the world around her.she too moved to India.we miss you a lot Jo.


Neeraja, I learnt from her how to be joyful. Her conversation starts,continues, and ends with a hearty laugh. Her words gave me a lot of support when I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes in my pregnancy. Very supportive and friendly too.

Praveena, had a very beautiful art in her hands.I donno whats the magic behind her, kids love her very much. we used to meet at least thrice a week though I knew her a bit late than others, we became friends soon.

Kiranmai jasti, my very close neighbour, always we used to chitchat by standing in front of our houses. The real kiddo in our gang. Our send off party was arranged well in their house.

Kiran, speaks and wishes every buddy with lot of excitement with a smiley face. Though we both are from same city back in India I never know her before.

Sandhya, cool,jovial,mother of a little cute princess, I love the way she dresses her little angel.If I had a daughter I would certainly follow her.

Rani, loves to freak out with friends., forgets the world around her when she is with us.
Suchi, sharp and straight forward, I could never forget the day you arranged my Baby shower party in your house with the help of all other friends.
Sharada garu, your advices really helped me a lot during my pregnancy and post pregnancy and I need to learn from you the tips to raise a kid. Sirisha and Rekha I am very lucky to have you as my friends.

who will not be sad to leave such good friends like you??? but we have to go with the days.... my Dear Hubby got an offer for full time job in Connecticut, so we have to move from this lovely place.Thanks for the fare well party arranged by all of you. I enjoyed yummy yummy dishes prepared by them with lots of love.I miss you all..........
Last but not least sorry if any of my words hurt you. Wishing you all loads of happiness.Bye

8 comments:

Amu... said...

Good Luck on your move Ramya...
Memories created so far are cherished beautifully....beautifully written post...

Anonymous said...

good luck on your move and prepare ur self for the cold winters... ;) ...which part of connecticut are you moving to ....and welcome to the east coast!!! you will love it here....

Ramya said...

@Amu Thanks dear
@Usha we are moving to hatford.where do u stay?

Unknown said...

hey ramya....we r gonna miss u too...u r a very spl friend that we all got in this journey in the US....may god bless u with the best...

Anonymous said...

I live in new york..about 2-3 hours drive from Hartford

Swathi said...

Hez ramya welcome to east coast...i know that we cant compare west coast to east coast..but i hope you will get the same kind of circle here too..all the best!!

Ramya said...

Thanks Neeraja
Oh Usha we can meet then...
Thanks for your wish Swathi

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your move Ramya :)